Configuring Beagle

Baca Juga

Install Beagle
sudo apt-get install kerry beagle acl # acl is required to manually reset user_xattr later

Setup Inotify
inotify already supported in Feisty Fawn, however it needs to be activated in the /etc/fstab, add user_xattr in the mount option, below is my example (I want to index some folders inside my /home/thartono/data) :

thartono@thartono-linux:~$ cat /etc/fstab|grep user_xattr
UUID=6e889e0a-44d4-46ab-9134-109f4212d61a /home/thartono/data ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr 0 1

Check if the user_xattr already active :

thartono@thartono-linux:~$ mount|grep user_xattr
/dev/sdb5 on /home/thartono/data type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr)

Otherwise you need to remount the /home/thartono/data

Beagle Force Indexing
I often force my Beagle to reindex (every several days if I have made a lot of changes in my folders), so I created the following script to force Beagle Index :

#!/bin/bash
echo Shutdown Beagle
beagle-shutdown
echo Removing old indexes
rm -rf /home/thartono/.beagle
beagle-config indexing AddRoot /home/thartono/data/products
beagle-config indexing AddRoot /home/thartono/data/customers
echo Reset Extended Attributes
setfacl -R -b /home/thartono/data/products
setfacl -R -b /home/thartono/data/customers
echo Indexing Beagle
export BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG=1
beagled
beagle-status

NOTE
Don't forget to export BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG=0 once Beagle finish indexing, otherwise your CPU utilization will all be eaten by Beagle.....
close

UNTUK SAAT INI, ARTIKEL BLOG AKAN DITUTUPI. SEGERA KELUAR/CLOSE TAB INI ATAU TEKAN DISINI. JIKA ANDA TETAP INGIN MEMBUKA ARTIKEL INI, SILAHKAN TEKAN TOMBOL CLOSE. DENGAN ANDA MEMBUKA ARTIKEL KEMBALI, TANGGUNG JAWAB SEPENUHNYA MILIK ANDA, SAYA SUDAH PERINGATI UNTUK MENUTUP TAB INI. TERIMA KASIH. - ADMIN