Running Windows XP without EXPLORER.EXE

Baca Juga

One big process running in Windows XP system is Explorer.exe. It's actually the Windows XP GUI, identical with Window Manager in Unix/Linux system. This process is CPU and Memory hog. It is possible, however, not to run this process to make Windows XP run faster :)

Install Windows XP inside Virtual Machine :)

Below is the XP task manager screen capture :




I haven't done any fine tuning on the Windows XP virtual machine. So further memory/cpu utilization reduction is still possible (i.e. not running indexing service, etc.).

Linux also has much better memory management. If you are running many Windows applications, for example below I am running 6 active windows applications : taskmgr, 2x large visio, 2x large powerpoint, 1x large word documets, I am consuming full 256MB DRAM (seen from taskmgr), but only 34MB DRAM actually used from Linux side..... So far no paging file is utilized. Every process running purely on DRAM !





The largest memory utilization on Linux is XGL, almost 200MB, because I am running Compiz Fusion with many virtual desktop.

close

UNTUK SAAT INI, ARTIKEL BLOG AKAN DITUTUPI. SEGERA KELUAR/CLOSE TAB INI ATAU TEKAN DISINI. JIKA ANDA TETAP INGIN MEMBUKA ARTIKEL INI, SILAHKAN TEKAN TOMBOL CLOSE. DENGAN ANDA MEMBUKA ARTIKEL KEMBALI, TANGGUNG JAWAB SEPENUHNYA MILIK ANDA, SAYA SUDAH PERINGATI UNTUK MENUTUP TAB INI. TERIMA KASIH. - ADMIN